What it is
onEdu is comprehensive solution for management of educational institutes. It is a complete framework of over 20 different plug & play modules that string together feature sets required for managing all facets of management of Universities, Colleges and Schools. The entire life cycle of a student, beginning from pre-admissions marketing to becoming an alumni and all the administrative functions in-between can be handled by onEdu. When used effectively, onEdu becomes the Central Nervous System of your institution, efficiently managing information and its dissemination between various stakeholders. At the same time it also ensures privacy and security of data.
onEdu is more than a standard ERP and a CRM solution for the education sector. The value of an automated solution such as onEdu is not in terms of its ability to store information and provide on demand reports. It is in its ability to track the trends in behavior and performance of individual student or faculty and pro-actively alert the management on any deviation in the trend. Corrective measures can be taken up based on these alerts, before an undesired trend results in an unforeseen event. After all, when you are managing an institute with thousands of students, it would help to have a system that lets you, the management, focus on the few critical areas that need attention.
It all started as a simple idea in year 2006 to create an online platform for parents and teachers to interact frequently. Then came the basic student records of attendance, test results, continuous assessment, fees management, SMS alerts, faculty portals, parent portals, placements office, alumni management, library and a host of other modules that would be useful in an educational setting. To this day, onEdu continues to evolve and become more and more useful and valuable to educational institutions. Today it serves the information needs of over 100,000 students, parents and staff at many schools and colleges.
Philosophy & Concept
The inherent value of a software is realized only when it is put to use, not when it is bought or implemented. We understand this. And that is the reason for us to choose Software as a Service as a delivery model - ensuring that customers use onEdu and realize its value before payment happens.
Most of our customers in education domain are not ready or equipped to house internal IT departments. Their core competence is not development and maintenance of IT systems. Their competence is imparting knowledge to the students, and managing the resources such as faculty and other infrastructure required to do so. At Winnou, we have taken it upon oursevles to maintain the software for our customers, by delivering software as a service. The benefits of this model are multi-fold
Customers rest assured that their software is in good hands. There is a professional team that is proactively maintaining the software.
- One team, housed at Winnou, maintains the software for multiple customers - thus reducing the cost of maintenance in the entire value chain, that can be passed on to our customers.
- This model keeps us closer to our customers - we are in touch with them on a regular basis in the service model. It lets us understand the emerging requirements and trends in the education domain and tailor our offering accordingly.
- Our business analysts are not our staff - they are our customers. Every single customer representatitive - be it the librarian, store keeper, Principal or Director - is a source of new ideas for us. Ideas that when implemented will help onEdu become a more mature and useful solution for the education domain.
- We have learnt a bit from our customers, have seen and learnt best practices from each of the schools, colleges and Universities that we work with. The best practices are incorporated into onEdu and each of our employees are richer by the experience. At Winnou, we are not just technical brains but also come to learn and have a fair knowledge of the education domain.
We have been practising this model ever since inception. Our customers have reaped the benefits, and have helped us in building a well rounded product. onEdu as a solution continues to evolve with each new additional customer.
Quality products delivered with fanatical support – the mantra at winnou.
onEdu is a framework of loosely coupled modules that address needs of specific areas of managing an educational institute. Each of these modules can be turned on or off based on your needs. While the list of modules is exhaustive, there are three aspects to the features list that makes us unique.
- the depth of features. Attendance management is not just about students, subjects and faculty.ur module can handle various nuances that can exist, right from electives, lab batches to bio-metric and RFID integrated automated attendance management for a University.
- plug & play features. You have the option to choose the features to implement. It is not all or nothing. If you just want a solid Evaluation module for your exams management, you get just that. We will work on the dependencies and ensure you have all the right sub-systems necessary.
- flexibility offered for process adoption. Best practices from across the customers that we have worked with, as well as from the industry have been incorporated into onEdu. For example, there are 5 variations in the attendance processes that are handled by onEdu. Similar is the case with other modules. More than likely, we have the solution that works for you, but in case we do not we build it – just for you.
- focus on making it work for you. Each customer is unique and have over a period of time developed in-house best practices that are their core competencies. While we have built-in the industry best practices across the software, we know that for the software to be successful, it has to meet the customers' unique needs. We make it happen. This is your software – the way you want it.
||Fees and Scholarships
CBIT (Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology)
SSIM (Siva Sivani Institute of Management)